PSG College of Arts and Science was established with the dawn of the country's Independence under the PSG & Sons Charities Trust on 11.08.1947 to fulfill the visionary words of the Founder Trustee Shri. P.S. Govindaswamy Naidu " To serve society through development of education industry and the needy and poor ". The Library came into being along with the establishment of the College. With the recurring grants from the Government, generous Management contribution and UGC the Library has been steadily and systematically equipped. The Library had been functioning on the first floor of the College Administration Building till the year 1970. In the year 1971, the Management dedicated a separate Library Building with two floors to collect, organise and disseminate information and also to provide quality Library services to its users effectively and efficiently.
Management has constructed additional building and now the library built up area is 24200 Sq.feet with the seating capacity for about 400 readers. It is well stocked and presently has a collection of over 1,20,000 volumes on different subjects. Latest publications in the fields of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Business Studies, Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences are continuously added to the collection to equip student with a wide range of academic materials. The Library also subscribes about 225 journals of national and international repute. All Prominent national dailies are also subscribed in the library. The College Library is fully automated and provides user services through computer. Library also having Wi Fi facility.