PSG College of Arts and Science was established with the dawn of the country's Independence under the PSG & Sons Charities Trust on 11.08.1947 to fulfill the visionary words of the Founder Trustee Shri. P.S. Govindaswamy Naidu " To serve society through development of education industry and the needy and poor ". The Library came into being along with the establishment of the College. With the recurring grants from the Government, generous Management contribution and UGC the Library has been steadily and systematically equipped. The Library had been functioning on the first floor of the College Administration Building till the year 1970. In the year 1971, the Management dedicated a separate Library Building with two floors to collect, organise and disseminate information and also to provide quality Library services to its users effectively and efficiently.